Friday, June 7, 2013

“Can I bring someone with me to my photo shoot?”

“May I bring someone with me during my photo shoot?”

Occasionally we get this question. While my answer is a qualified “yes,” I do like to know more about the underlying reason for the question before I answer.

You can tell quite a bit by the wording of the question. Such as, “What do you think about husbands being there for the photo shoot?” Or, “Are there pros and cons to having your husband here during the shoot?” And this one, “My husband would like to watch. Is that OK?” Another is “I’m kind of nervous. Could I bring a girlfriend with me for moral support?” Can you hear the difference behind the way someone expresses the question?

People have different reasons for asking. Some want us to say, “No.” Some want us to help them come up with good reasons for not having an audience so they can explain to a husband or boyfriend why they shouldn’t come along, just in case it’s suggested. My most detested reason; some men are control freaks and these women probably shouldn’t do a nude photo shoot until after the divorce. Of course, other women are married to voyeurs and if they happen to be exhibitionists, it can work for them. And others have friends considering shoots themselves and need someone else to do it first. Then, there are the rare few who’d like someone with them for safety concerns, though that trepidation is usually dispelled after meeting us.

In another post I’ll tell you how I answer the question, “Can I bring someone with me during my shoot?’

No comments:

Post a Comment