Friday, June 7, 2013

“Can I bring someone with me to my photo shoot?” (Part 2)

From the first time I heard this question, "“Can I bring someone with me to my photo shoot?” my answer to everyone is "Yes". I have always felt that is is very important to make your models comfortable for every shoot and if that means bringing a guest or someone to the shoot then that is okay.

However there is exception to every rule. Many time I have been asked this question before the model comes to here shoot. "Can my Boyfriend, Husband, Friend come to the shoot." I will not deal with interruptions from Husbands, Boyfriends and alike during my shoots and I feel that most photographers feel the same way. So I have come up with this final solution to the question.

I have a Guest Policy that every model must read print out and give to their Guest and bring a copy of this policy to the shoot. So here is what it says.

Pagemaker Studios
G U E S T P O L I C Y and C O N D U C T
The following is for TF clients.

I am 'guest' friendly up to ONE other person.

Since I'm not asking to be paid at all for dealing with someone who is always a non essential part of one of my photo session, someone who may or may not present a problem, my policy is non negotiable or I'll be happy to provide a minimum 3 hour rate, then you're welcome to bring the entire family.... whichever is more convenient for you works for me.

The conduct of your 'guest' solely depends on you, the model. Distractions of any kind from anyone who accompanies you, I will without hesitation delete
every image taken or I will edit the images if or when I decide to. So a small bit of friendly advice is... Please Choose Your Guest Wisely

Your 'guest' is defined by any of the following definitions: Make-Up Artist, Hair or Wardrobe Stylist, Manager, Agent, Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Cousin, Aunt, Uncle, Neighbor, Chauffeur, Baggage Carrier, Body Guard, Groupie, Secretary, Errand Runner, Babysitter.... pretty much anyone that accompanies you for whatever reason will be considered a 'guest'.

If someone is accompanying you, please do print out this form, bring it with you and show it to me so we are all aware there wont be any misunderstandings. Upon arrival and this form is not presented, the photo session will be cancelled or rescheduled.

Please understand that everything above is to ensure my time is not being wasted because... Its My Time That I Will Be Giving Away For Free As Well.

As of todate I have hade no problems with boyfriends, husbands, mothers or friends of the models who come for photo shoots with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment